Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving

I meant to put this up yesterday, but I forgot.

Yesterday was the 13th anniversary of Grandpa North's death. I can't believe it's been so long already. I was only 10 at the time, but it was my first funeral of someone that I knew well and I remember it pretty well. I actually remember the night he died more vividly, because I knew... I don't know how but I did. We went bowling that night with some of our cousins and I just felt so sick to my stomach and when we got back we found out he had passed away. I had the same feeling the days Grandma North and Grandma Robey died...

But on a happier note I am so excited about the North family Thanksgiving! The last time I can remember so many of us getting together was Grandma North's funeral... ummm 11 years ago? It will be great to see almost everyone again. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Girl, I remember when you stopped mid-bowl and said "Grandpa just died." Then the lights went out, do you remember that? They came back on immediately, but it was weird.

I can't wait for the get-together either!

Jessi said...

I actually didn't remember that part... just that someone bought me nachos to calm me down :) because I said that my stomach hurt