Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little of everything... etcetera etcetera etcetera

So I had my orientation last night... who knew it took 5 hours to explain how to clean up spills, and what to do if you see someone stealing, etcetera etcetera etcetera. And in the meantime, I hadn't had dinner because I had to come straight from school, and the room was freezing!

Melisa told me her orientation for Target only took 2 hours, so I thought I'd have time last night to study for my test tomorrow so I wasn't too worried about it. But I didn't get home until 10 and I still had an assignment I had to do for another class so I didn't get to study at all. Oh well, two of my classes teach a lot of the same material and I did well on that test so I think I'll be ok.

We had a Party-Lite party on Sunday which turned out pretty good. It was the first time Sara got to see our house, which was exciting. And I finally got my room clean again, by moving all my extra stuff downstairs. I still need to go through a lot of it to give to Mom but I don't currently have time to worry about it. So it's back in storage. Oh well.

I bought pumpkins to carve when we all went to the pumpkin patch and I bought a book with patterns to carve. Well... the book still hasn't come in, so I was waiting to do my pumpkin. In the meantime the squirrels are eating my pumpkin. I decided to try to put the cover from my new fire pit (which I still haven't used, but Aunt Linda lent us her folding chairs so we can sit out there) over the pumpkins. I didn't figure it would stop the squirrels, but I figured they'd just go underneath it. No, no... they ate through the cover, and there is now a hole that goes all the way into the pumpkin... maybe I'll just leave it as is and put that on the porch. Scary something's eating it! haha

No comments: