Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The lake was a blast! We ended up going down Thursday night, after Rich got off work. So we didn't even leave until about 11. We got there around 1, and stayed with Rich's cousin. They were only supposed to have a one bedroom, but the heat was broken so they got upgraded to a suite. The bathroom was awesome! It had a jacuzzi tub, and even a tv, lol. I went to bed while they stayed up for a few more hours.




Friday we went to the strip and just walked around. First we played putt-putt with some of Rich's family (I won! :). We also happened upon the local homecoming parade. Then we went shopping at the Relic Shack and found some pharmacy stuff, including a mortar and pestle that we got really cheap on accident... the tag on it said 4.25 and the pestle said 5.95. Which is awesome because a lot of the stuff they had was expensive. Well the girl only ended up charging us for one, I guess she figured they were a set. Well then we got it home and saw a sticker on the back that said 133.95! We felt bad, we really didn't realize that was on there until we got back. Then we stopped at a little hole in the wall pizza place called Alley Cat's. There were only two tables and the bar. The pizza was really good too. Then Rich's cousin convinced him to just look around at the tattoo parlor next door. Rich was just curious, because he really didn't want one, but we ended up checking it out. I found one that I really liked. I had been wanting something with a music note, for my love of music. And then Rich found this awesome cross that he wanted to get in memory of his sister. He went back and forth trying to decide if he really wanted it or not. He loved the cross, and knew it was something that he would never regret since it was for his sister. For a little while he was worried about the money, but he knew he really wanted it. So he decided he was going to get it, and I was going to get the one I found but it was too late to get them both done so we decided to wait until Saturday. So we went Saturday afternoon and got them done at the same time and they both turned out awesome! I'll eventually post a picture of Rich's, I didn't have my camera at the time... but here's a picture of mine.


I had more, but it got deleted... so I'll post later. Tonight I'm tired and ready for bed since I have to go back to school tomorrow!

3 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

you caught the tattoo bug!!! I like it!

Can't wait to see Rich's!!

BequetteDESIGN said...

Great picture, looks just like it did in person.

So, how did Rich's parents react? I'm sure they loved the sentiment behind it, but were they angry or just surprised?

Jessi said...

They weren't angry, a little surprised but they had a warning since we waited until the next day to get them. Actually his Dad wants one too but says he's too big of a wussy! :)