Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Mom and Dad stayed in Eureka Springs, Arkansas in a log cabin for their 30th anniversary (which is actually today). This meant that I had Adam all weekend. I went home Friday morning after my calculations exam. Which, by the way, went well but I still don't know the results. I sat around with Mom at the shop until Adam got off school, and then Mom and Dad were in a rush to get out of there, because it was about a 5 hour drive.

Adam and I had lunch/dinner with Rich when he was on his break, then we took Dad's truck to my old apartment to move everything left out of my old apartment. It took 2 trips to get everything out of the storage unit, Adam helped with 1 and 1/2 :) Then I loaded up everything left upstairs that was supposed to go to Mom and brought it home.

Saturday I had to work, but I got off early because we were really slow... I met everyone else at Aunt Linda's for their end of the summer/back to school swim party. Rich came up after he got off work (and had a nap, cause he was crabby :) and Anthony asked if he could stay with us. So, Andi, Julie, Rich, me, Adam and Anthony all stayed at the apartment. Which was interesting :) Anthony woke up at like 6:30 and played video games all morning. I unpacked and such and took a short nap. I went to the old apartment for the finishing touches, cleaned out the sinks and bathtub got the little bit that was left behind the other night when I was too tired to grab any more, and finally turned in my keys! I'll never have to go there again! :)

Yesterday Adam, Anthony and I went to Cahokia Mounds because I promised Adam I would take him this summer. Every year since I left for my first year of college we've done something with just the two of us. We've gone to the Arch, the City Museum, Meramac Caverns and I think we might have missed one year. They had fun though I think. There was a guy outside who was flint-napping (making knives and arrowheads) which was interesting. And we climbed Monk's Mound, which is 10 stories tall, and 154 steps. There were several people who were using the steps to exercise. The boys liked that you could see the Arch from the top, even though it's almost 10 miles from St. Louis. Then I took them home. And I was very tired this morning for school....

1 comment:

Huse Yo Mama said...

wow, girl! What a crazy busy weekend. Glad y'all had fun.

Please pass along my congrats to the 'rents. I totally forgot about their anniversary. I feel like a heel.

Happy early birthday, too. Just in case I forget. Which is really likely.