Monday, January 26, 2009

Target

Target is starting a new program to increase leadership abilities in the student pharmacy technicians that it hires. They have been doing it in other districts and decided it was time to try it here in St. Louis. So I had to go to a meeting which was the introduction of this program to the students who will be involved. Basically they are trying to get the students to be the kind of pharmacists that they would like to hire. We will have to do some sort of leadership project at our stores, such as trying to increase autofills in some way. We will have to do some information modules online, and have to go to a meeting with other managers from departments throughout the store and present something about the pharmacy. After all this they will teach us interviewing skills, and we will have a mock interview.

I was a little intimidated about the program because it was the unknown, I had no idea what to expect when they told me about the meeting. But after thinking about what the program is trying to do, I'm actually looking forward to it. These are things that I will need to be working on to be a better pharmacist and a better boss. And a mock interview will definately be good practice since I will be interviewing for pharmacist jobs in about a year... crazy

No comments: