Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ballerina



This is an illusion I saw in class one day, just thought it was interesting. Most people only see her going in one direction, clockwise or counterclockwise. Some can get her to reverse.

I can only see her going clockwise. They say if you see it going counterclockwise you use your left brain more (think logic and stuff), and if you see her going clockwise you use your right brain more (think art and stuff). I'm not sure that I beleive that though because they surveyed our class and only about 10% saw it going counterclockwise.

What do you see?

7 comments:

BequetteDESIGN said...

I can see both! What does THAT mean?

Jessi said...

lol I don't know but it's driving me crazy that I can't...

Anonymous said...

Both! At first I could only see one way but now I can see where she kinda stops in the middle and goes the other direction.

Huse Yo Mama said...

She totally goes both directions. If you watch, when she's going clockwise, her right arm is out to her side, up higher. When she's going counterclockwise, it's the left arm up.

Jessi said...

I still can't see it no matter how long I stare. Rich sees it counterclockwise and was pointing out how he saw it, and it was totally wrong :) lol, it was the opposite of what I was seeing

Ine said...

Hey Jessi! I didn't know you had a blog! I've got one too! Wanna link me, then I can link you?

Ine said...

PS: My blogaddress is: http://decafine.blogspot.com and it is in Norwegian so I'm sorry you can't read it, but hope we still can link each other (I've already put up one for your blog, it's under"Blogger jeg leser", it's the first picture :) )