Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Work

Our pharmacy is getting a drive-thru... not really sure if that's good or bad? It will be nice for the patients I'm sure. But people harass us enough when they're in the store about getting their prescriptions done quickly. Now our pharmacy is fairly small so our prescriptions are already done pretty quickly, in about 10 minutes or so usually, but people are impatient. Some people stand at the register and refuse to leave, even if there are customers behind them... what happened to manners? Just today I had some lady yelling at me because she wanted me to hold a cough syrup for her that was out in the OTC aisle... first she asked me if we had it, and she didn't believe me when I told her we did. So she made me go look for it, and tell her how much the big bottle was. Then I told her and she asked if we had the little bottle? How am I supposed to know you asked about the big bottle... so then she wanted me to hold it for her, and when I told her we didn't do that, she yelled why not? So I told her there were plenty out there and she would just have to look for it (like everyone else) when she came in. So then I hear her husband in the background telling her not to let me not hold it (if that makes sense :) He didn't want to have to look for it, and wanted to make sure we had it. So eventually I just gave in. I don't understand why people think they deserve better treatment than everyone else? I'm a nice and helpful person and I will definately go out of my way for people when asked politely, or when people don't ask at all. But when people get that demanding it just is very irritating. Pharmacy has a lot of contact with people like this (really any retail position). Most days I greatly enjoy working in the pharmacy, but people like that just irk me. I just hope that the drive-thru won't encourage more people to act this way.

3 comments:

BequetteDESIGN said...

Actually, I think most people that use the drive-thru expect to go do something and come back... That may make it so you are dealing with less impatience since they aren't sitting around waiting for you to get their meds! ;o}

Jessi said...

I don't think you know the old people who come to our pharmacy... since we are usually pretty quick... unlike cough walgreens :)people don't expect a long wait or even a semi-long wait

Anonymous said...

Don't you just wanna smack people sometimes! Let me guess, were they old? Or just rude? I agree, I don't understand what makes certain people think they have more rights than others....Proud of you for sticking to politeness though :)